OCD Coverage for Public Service Employees!
Great News! The Federal government has just released temporary updates to the Public Service Health Care Plan (Thanks Sun Life!) Most importantly, coverages usually reserved for psychologists are now available for Social Work. This shift means specialized, evidence-based treatment for Obsessive – Compulsive Disorder is more accessible and affordable for Canadians.
The temporary inclusion applies to those covered under the Public Service Health Care Plan and employed in:
- Federal public service;
- Members of Parliament;
- Federal judges;
- Employees of a number of designated agencies and corporations;
- Veterans who are members of the Veterans Affairs client group as defined in the Plan Document;
- Members of the Canadian Forces (CF) and of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)*;
- Persons receiving pension benefits based on service in one of the above capacities; and
- Eligible dependants of Plan members.
For more information and to determine if you’re covered, visit: http://www.pshcp.ca/glossary.aspx#t_1376